The North America melanoma diagnostics and therapeutics market was valued at USD 1,460 million in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 2,889 million by 2020.
Melanoma is one of the serious types of skin cancer that develops from pigment-containing cells called melanocytes. The market for melanoma diagnostics and therapeutics is increasing at a significant rate due to an increase in the prevalence of melanoma and improvement in healthcare facilities. In addition, government initiatives and technical advancements boost the market growth.
The market for melanoma can be segmented based on:
Superficial spreading melanoma
Lentigno maligna melanoma
Acral lentiginous melanoma
Cutaneous malignant melanoma
Melanoma of vulva
Vaginal melanoma or melanoma of black passage
Sentinel lymph node biopsy
Treatment for early stage melanoma
Surgery (Excision and Mohs surgery)
Treatment for advanced stage melanoma
USA has the biggest market size, due to its large population and higher prevalence and treatment rates. North America dominates the melanoma diagnostics and therapeutic market.
Abbott Diagnostics, Agilent Technologies, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Sanofi, Qiagen N.V. Company and Teva Pharmaceuticals to name a few, are the key players of this market.
Increase in melanoma incident cases
Approval and uptake of premium-priced products
Label extension of current therapies into the new settings
Lack of awareness in some developing regions
High cost associated with the therapy
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.